BECKLEY, WV (WOAY) – The Y appreciates the support of our community during this challenging time and hope that everybody from our members to our residents here in Southern West Virginia are safe and well.
We are continuing to monitor the COVID-19 situation here in our state and across the country, and wanted to update everyone on our status. First and foremost, with the current orders in place, our facilities will remain closed until it is deemed safe to reopen. Further, all membership dues drafts will be halted effective tomorrow, March 25th.
Dues will not be drafted again until we open our doors to our members. Spring programming, including Volleyball, Soccer, Swim Lessons and Camps remain postponed. In the meantime, we want to encourage everyone, members and nonmembers alike, to get their families together and get active at home through participation in our streaming classes, available on the Zoom app. Be sure to follow our Facebook posts to get days, times, and the classes offered plus instructions on how to join!
And, remember, take the precautions to protect yourself and your loved ones from the virus as best you can:
- Stay Home! The statewide stay at home order takes effect tonight at 8:00 PM.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water. For at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash, or cough or sneeze into your elbow if necessary.
- Stay Informed. The CDC provides a comprehensive overview of “What You Should Know About the Coronavirus”.
- Practice Good Hygiene. Good habits include the ones provided above.
More updates will be forthcoming, but, in the meantime, BE WELL!