PINEVILLE, WV (WOAY) – The Wyoming County Board of Education will allow each student to participate in virtual learning this upcoming year due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Wyoming County Board of Education met on Monday, July 20, 2020, and approved the option of the Virtual School Program for students in grades K-12 for the 2020-2021 school year.
The following are required to participate:
– Available for grades K-12
– The student must have reliable internet access
– Applications must be picked up by the parent/guardian and turned in by the parent/guardian by August 3, 2020, at 4 pm.
– Parents must commit to a minimum of one semester of the Virtual School Program
– All immunization requirements apply to the Virtual School Program
– Parents must participate in an in-person orientation.
Parents or students can pick up an application from John Henry, Director of Student Services and Attendance, beginning today, July 21, 2020.
Applications will be available at the Wyoming County Schools Central Office at the following dates and times:
– Tuesday, Thursday, Friday (July 21, July 23, July 24) 1-3:30 pm
– Wednesday, July 22, 9-11:30 am
– Monday and Tuesday, July 27 & 28, 9:30 am-12 pm
– Thursday, Friday, July 30 & 31, 9 am to 11:30 am and 3:30 pm -5 pm