Good Earth Lighting recalls more than 1.2 million rechargeable integrated lights to due to fire and burn hazards

Oak Hill, WV (CNN)- Good Earth Lighting is voluntarily recalling 1.2 million lights after a death and multiple fires. 

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission posted the announcement Thursday. 

The company’s rechargeable integrated lights can overheat. 

According to Good Earth, one person died, and another was treated for smoke inhalation when the product caused a fire in their home last year. 

The company said it is aware of nine additional reports of lights overheating. 

Six caused fires and property damage. 

The recalled lights were sold at retailers, including Lowe’s, Ace Hardware, Amazon, and QVC, from October 2017 through January 2024. 

Consumers are being instructed to stop using the product. 

In a statement from the company, Good Earth Lighting announces it will provide consumers with a free replacement light of at least equal value to the purchase price of the recalled light, including no-cost shipping.  

For more information about this recall, visit


Sponsored Content