WV Education Association wants virtual learning for start of school year

school reopening concerns

CHARLESTON, WV (WOAY) – The West Virginia Education Association (WVEA) have released the results of a survey among teachers about reopening schools next month.

80% of educators say they only believe schools should reopen if it’s been established by public health experts that there is sufficient equipment and planning to protect students and teachers from COVID-19.  The other 20% says that schools should reopen because students are falling behind.

Gov. Justice announced last month that students would return to school on September 8th, which was delayed from the original start dates of August.

A full version of the video conference that was held this morning can be seen below.

WVEA press conference about re-entry survey results.

Posted by Dedicated Teachers on Thursday, August 13, 2020

You can visit the West Virginia Education Association by clicking here.

Tyler Barker
Tyler Barker is currently the News Director and Digital Content Manager for WOAY-TV. He was promoted to this job in Mid-November. He still will fill in on weather from time to time. You can follow Tyler on Facebook and Twitter @wxtylerb. Have any news tips or weather questions? Email him at tbarker@woay.com