(WOAY) – MedExpress is currently able to provide COVID-19 lab testing at designated locations, as supplies are available, to those who meet the CDC-based screening criteria (listed below).
For the safety of our patients and team members, we’ve designated certain centers as testing locations and ask that you first call your local center to determine if you meet the CDC-based screening criteria prior to visiting.
The following MedExpress locations in West Virginia can test for COVID-19:
- Beckley, Beckley Crossing Shopping Center
- Charleston, 1416 Maccorkle Ave. SW
- Clarksburg, Emily Drive
- Elkins, Randolph Avenue
- Huntington, US Route 60
- Logan, Enterprise Drive
- Martinsburg, Retail Commons Parkway
- Morgantown, Maple Drive
- Parkersburg, Grand Central Avenue
- Summersville, Webster Road
- Wheeling, Elm Grove Crossing Mall
Current COVID-19 screening criteria includes the following questions and is subject to change following updated guidance from the CDC:
1. Do you have shortness of breath, a fever, cough, sore throat, ear ache, runny nose, sneezing, or believe you have been exposed to COVID-19?
2. Have you traveled outside of the United States or to areas within the United States that have experienced high community spread in the past 2 weeks.
3. Have you had close contact in the past 2 weeks with a person who has been confirmed to have COVID-19?
4. Are you a health care worker and have had close contact with a person in the past 2 weeks who has suspected or confirmed COVID-19?
5. Are you 60 years old or older and have a chronic medical condition, such as diabetes, heart, lung or kidney disease?
6. Do you have a suppressed immune system, HIV or are pregnant?
If any of these screening criteria apply to you, please call your local MedExpress center before leaving your home.
Our team members will help determine next steps and may direct you to a designated MedExpress location for testing, if appropriate. Again, this process has been instituted for your safety and for the safety of our other patients and team members.
As always, we feel privileged to care for you and your loved ones- especially during this trying time. Thank you for entrusting us with your care.
Information, recommendations, and guidance contained herein is fluid and is subject to change as new information, recommendations, and guidance is issued by the CDC and state and local health authorities.