The National Fire Protection Association states that half of all home fires happen in the months of December, January, and February.
While heating your home this winter season the National Fire Protection Association say to:
1. Keep anything that can burn at least 3 feet away from any heating equipment.
2. Never use your oven to heat your home, you’ll also want to test smoke alarms at least once a month.
3. Remember to turn off portable heaters when leaving the room
4. Have a qualified professional install stationary space heating equipment.
5. Have a 3-foot “kid-free zone” around open to heat your home.