CHARLESTON, WV (WOAY) – The West Virginia Department of Education has announced that in-person graduation ceremonies for schools can begin starting on June 22.
Graduations will take place at outdoor venues only.
The following guidelines must be used:
- Communicate guidelines to the community in advance.
- Household members can sit close to one another, but household groups must maintain 6 feet.
- Seating should be limited.
- Graduates should be six feet apart.
- Handshaking and hugging are not permitted.
- Hand sanitizer stations must be set up throughout the area.
- Markings must be placed on the ground for 6 feet of social distancing.
- Consider issuing tickets to better control crowd size.
- Anyone feeling ill should stay home.