FIRST ON WOAY: Pennington Funeral Home Catches On Fire Early Saturday Morning

GAULEY BRIDGE (WOAY)- According to the Gauley Bridge Fire Department, Pennington Funeral Home caught on fire early Saturday morning.

Fire Captain Phillip Fout tells WOAY News that the fire started around 4:45am Saturday morning. It is believed at this time that it was caused by something electrical. The building was not a total loss; however, approximately 50% of the building was destroyed. The investigation is still on-going.

Gauley Bridge Fire Department, Gauley River Fire Department, Boomer Fire Department, and Montgomery Fire Department all responded to the scene.

There were no injuries reported and the fire was put out by 8:30.

Stay with WOAY-TV for further informatiom.

Sponsored Content
Tyler Barker
Tyler Barker is currently the News Director and Digital Content Manager for WOAY-TV. He was promoted to this job in Mid-November. He still will fill in on weather from time to time. You can follow Tyler on Facebook and Twitter @wxtylerb. Have any news tips or weather questions? Email him at tbarker@woay.com