Chemistry Class Explosion Injures 17 Students, 1 Teacher

NASHVILLE, TN. (ABC NEWS)-  A science experiment at a magnet school in the Nashville suburbs turned into a dangerous chemical fire, injuring 17 high school students and their teacher.


The fumes were so great, administrators had to evacuate the rest of the school, according to fire officials.


The fire happened during a chemistry lab at Merrol Hyde Magnet School in Hendersonville, Tennessee, just after 9 a.m. Wednesday. First responders triaged the students and their teacher at the school.


At least six patients suffered chemical burns. None of the injuries were life threatening. Eight students and the teacher were taking to the hospital with chemical burn or splash injuries, officials said Wednesday afternoon.



Sponsored Content