Bluefield Fire

Bluefield- Firefighters and emergency personal responded this morning to afire that broke out on Bland Street in Bluefield.

A call came in at 10:30am this morning.  The fire started on the third floor of the Open Mic Cafe.  Fire officials believe that the fire was caused by a cigarette that was still lite and thwon into the trash and it was by accident.  There were minor damages to the building but no injuries have been reported.

Tyler Barker
Tyler Barker is currently the News Director and Digital Content Manager for WOAY-TV. He was promoted to this job in Mid-November. He still will fill in on weather from time to time. You can follow Tyler on Facebook and Twitter @wxtylerb. Have any news tips or weather questions? Email him at tbarker@woay.com