LOCHGELLY - A Fayette County couple who says it owns the the Lochgelly recycling yard that caught fire Friday night is out surveying the damage.
Connie Paine told Newswatch her husband, Ronald Irving Paine, is the owner of Lochgelly Auto Recycling, which was destroyed by a massive fire.
Connie Paine said she was watching TV when she noticed the garage on fire. While trying to save some of their machinery, her husband sustained bad burns to his arm, according to the couple.
Ronald Paine has owned the shop since 1996 and was slowly building it up, his wife told WOAY. The recycling yard had several nitrogen, propane and acetylene tanks inside when the fire began.
"When they exploded, one took the whole ceiling up into the air a good five to five in a half feet and then brought it straight down," Connie Paine said. "They blew. They sounded like World War III was going on basically."
She also said lost tools and equipment in the fire but has no idea what may have sparked the blaze.