Kitchen catches fire at house in Mossy

Local - 9/30/2013 5:43 PM by Rebecca Turco

MOSSY - Three area fire departments responded to a mobile home fire in Fayette County Monday morning.

Dispatchers say they received the call just after 9:20 a.m. of a trailer fire on Lick Fork Road in Mossy. Firefighters said it was a small kitchen fire that appeared to be on top of the stove. The fire spread from the oven to the ceiling to a nearby wall, according to Assistant Fire Chief Robert Begley of the Oak Hill Fire Department.

Oak Hill, Mount Hope and Pax Fire Departments responded to the scene.

Begley said kitchen fires are far too common. He said folks should have a fire extinguisher in their kitchen to use for fires in pots or pans. Water should not be used because it can spread the fire, Begley explained.

The fire caused smoke damage throughout the mobile home. 


Member Submitted