Fire destroys family's home

Local - 7/30/2013 2:30 PM by Joe Hellriegel
PINEY VIEW - A house fire in Piney View early this morning is leaving a family with a tough situation. Owners Lucy and Roger Redden say the fire occurred on 234 Flannery Road around 3 a.m. The Bradley Fire Department, Beaver Fire Department, Mabscott Fire Department and Mount Hope Fire Department responded, along with Jan-Care. Nobody was injured in the fire but Redden says they lost almost everything.

"I got up to use the bathroom and then it was smoking in the bedroom upstairs," Redden said. "It was a blazing fire and I called my husband to come down here and tried to put it out and called the fire department. It's a small house but it's somewhere to sleep," Redden added. "Been crying about four or five hours cause all my clothes and pictures are gone, everything."

Redden also says it was an electrical fire that started upstairs.

To help the family in any way, contact Lucy Redden at (304) 573-7585.


Member Submitted