Firefighters Battle House Fire in Bluewell

Local - 12/2/2012 5:23 PM by Rebecca Turco
Firefighters battled a house fire on Sandlick Road in Bluewell Saturday night.

Neighbors and the homeowner tried putting out the fire themselves before calling for help around 9 pm. The volunteer fire departments of Montcalm, Green Valley-Glenwood and Bluewell responded.

Firefighters said the fire started from the owner's wood burning stove. Chief David Thompson of the Green Valley-Glenwood Volunteer Fire Department said the house is still standing despite considerable damage to the inside. "I feel like, with the conjunction of all three departments together, we got an extremely good knockdown and I think we've saved about as much as could have been saved," he said.

Thompson said there have been approximately ten structure fires in Mercer County since last Monday.


Member Submitted