Stormwatch

Stormwatch

Lawsuit filed after Mud Run is called off

Local - 7/24/2014 4:16 PM by Stuart Hammer

CHARLESTON – A lawsuit has been filed against the producers of a race that was suddenly canceled in Charleston.

A Kanawha County firm filed the lawsuit Wednesday in circuit court on behalf of participants who signed up for the “Dirty Girl Mud Run.”

Participants were told via email the run was canceled and they wouldn't be issued refunds.

The mud run benefits breast cancer, but participants weren't given an explanation on why the event was called off, and they don't know where their money is going.

About 2,500 people had registered, paying entry fees between $65 and $95.

A local team from Oak Hill made up of 18 is upset they can’t run, “I just don't think they take into account how much people actually put into this race,” says Megan Cottrell.

“It's for a great case and that's what people are supporting, but people put teams together and they have t-shirts and they buy this stuff for this race and then they cancel at the last minute,” adds Cottrell.

The event had been scheduled for Saturday at Charleston's Cato Park.

Stick with Newswatch as we learn more on this lawsuit.


Community


Member Submitted