Stormwatch

Stormwatch

Glen Morgan house fire sends two people to hospital

Local - 3/5/2014 4:55 PM by Stuart Hammer

GLEN MORGAN – A house fire in Raleigh County sent two people to the hospital.

Dispatchers said the call came in at 11:12 p.m. Tuesday of a fire at a house on Sullivan Road in Glen Morgan.

The home owner says the fire started beside the bed while he was asleep. He says the mattress caught fire and the home was engulfed within 15 minutes.

Beaver, Mabscott, Ghent and Coal City Fire Departments responded to the scene, as well as Jan Care Ambulance and Raleigh County Sheriff's Office. Red Cross also came to assist the residents.

The scene was cleared at 2 a.m. Wednesday, according to dispatchers.


Community


Member Submitted