Stormwatch

UPDATE: Explosion injures two in Ghent

Local - 2/26/2014 11:00 AM
UPDATE: 

GHENT – Two men were injured following a small explosion at a restaurant in Raleigh County.

The explosion happened around 4:30 p.m. Tuesday in the kitchen area of Old Dina's Restaurant on Flat Top Road in Ghent, according to Ghent Fire Chief Rick Morrison. A cooking stove shot out flames, burning two workers, each on their face and chest.

Morrison said the men were sent to local hospital for treatment for minor burns. The restaurant will remain closed until further notice.

A mechanical malfunction with the stove caused the accident, according to Morrison.


-----------------------------

ORIGINAL: 2/25/14, 6:28 p.m.

GHENT - Two people were injured in an explosion in Ghent on Tuesday.

Firefighters and Jan-Care responded to 4301 Flat Top Road -- formerly known as Old Dina's Kitchen -- after a kitchen stove exploded and injuring two people.

The extent of injuries were unknown but witnesses told Newswatch that the victims suffered burns to their face and chest.

The restaurant closed for business after the explosion and will remain closed until further notice.

Community


Member Submitted