W.Va. State Police ask you to call 511 about road conditions, not dispatchers

Local - 2/13/2014 1:10 PM by Rebecca Turco
CHARLESTON - West Virginia State Police are asking residents to use the Department of Transportation's 511 system to obtain information about road conditions.

The agency's detachments are overwhelmed with calls about road conditions whenever a big winter storm hits, according to State Police Spokesman Lt. Michael Baylous.

Baylous said these calls tie up dispatchers who need to respond to emergency calls.

He also says the DOT has more information about road conditions that state police do.

The 511 system is available online and at WV511.org/Twitter. The system also can be accessed by telephone by dialing 511.


Member Submitted